Saturday 15 January 2011

release me

"Why are you here?" she asked in a voice filled with pain. "Are you here to do further damage to my happiness, because if you are then I might as well tell you that I won't let that happen," she tried to sound strong and angry, but her voice trembled and gave her away. He did not speak. Her heart beat faster, because naturally she thought that he was too angry with her to even speak. She did not dare to look at him, but kept her eyes fixed on the floor. When she looked up his eyes were fixed on her face. He did not look angry at all, though he did not look quite at ease. Another moment passed without any of them saying a word. Then he suddenly gained strength and spoke firmly: "If I ever scolded at you, then it was because I was jealous of him! I can bear it no longer! Countless nights I have heard you cry because of something he said or did, and never do you give in or flee from him. I know you are not indifferent to me and I am as bold as to say that I think you care a lot for me. Yesterday I was angry at you and said what I said because you are so self-destructive and I am sick of watching you set fire to your own destiny.  When I walk out this door it will be the last time you see me. I cannot stand and watch you burn to peaces while he doesn't get what you know he deserves. Goodbye my dearest, for my dearest you will always be. Goodbye." He made a turn and was about to leave the room when she, without thinking yelled "Wait! Let me pack my suitcase. If you hold the key to my happiness then do not throw it away, but open the door to my prison and let me go free."

No comments: